Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

The first little leaf of this blog

Hello everyone, This will be a little intro about this blog.

I was motivated to make this blog after the frustration of having an issue or question and unable to find any answers. Why does this rose cane look like this? Can cicadas effect this plant or that? My orchid bud dropped off my orchid is the whole spike next (sequential bloomers)? I found myself searching and seeking out information from experts on forums and calling the connections I have made on my plant collection journey.  Some helped some I discovered on my own as I went without an answer. I want to pass that on in an easy to find and digest way. I found myself dedicating much of my art Instagram to my plants and how they excite and inspire me. The problem is it detracts from the purpose of that account. choosing to remove some of that plant info from insta I wanted a place to have all of that information and excitement complied and available to people to reference in the future and not just a 24hr story. 

The final reason I felt compelled to make a blog was the excitement of tracking down a plant that’s hard to find and finally finding one. 

I will be talking about plants both indoors and out. You will find information on specific plants as well as general genus and general care and information. Posts will be based on collected information but heavily influenced by my own experiences which I will note in the posts. Have a question? I will have a place for that. Cant find you’re your dream plant?  I am always interested in helping people in the deep dive finding that one leafy trophy. Want information on resources for getting plants, information, products and more in depth care and identification? I will have that as well. This is really a place for me to express my joy in gardening and connect with people who share that joy as well. 

 

Common plants you will find here are:

Roses

Sarracenia 

Aroids

Orchids 

But there will be appreciation posts for plants that are interesting or found on my travels. 


Feel free to leave comment, say hello, or ask a question.


sarracenia Bud Wilkerson x green hornet. Winter 2021 killed it. BUT I did 
learn something about over wintering I look forward to sharing.


No comments:

Post a Comment